Last weekend my husband and I attended a three-day seminar (put on by WealthRock) that inspired us, and I had to share…
A couple questions Joseph Irons asked:
- What are you scared of?
- Are you sick and tired of being sick and tired?
Some life-truths Joseph shared:
- If you keep thinking the way you’ve always thought, you’ll keep getting what you’ve always got.
- Change the way you think, talk, and your habits.
- People don’t care how much you know, until they know how much you care.
- Don’t let your circumstances shape you; you shape your circumstances.
- Guard your thoughts, because your thoughts become words. Guard your words, because your words become actions. Guard your actions because your actions become habits. Guard your habits because your habits become your legacy.
- Plan your work; work your plan.
- Human nature is to shut down and not try anymore when frustrated.
- Face your fears!
- The thing you fear the most is the thing you need to do.
- Work on yourself.
And, of course, he had to share one of my favorite quotes!
“The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place… and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain’t about how hard you hit… It’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward… how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers saying: You ain´t what you wanna be because of him or her or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain´t you! You´re better than that!” -Rocky Balboa